Welcome to the Maximo MIF (Maximo Integration Framework) Development Tool. A challenge in doing any Integration work for the IBM Tivoli Maximo product can be properly testing those integrations. Some integrations solutions (like flat files) are pretty easy to test but others like Web Services and HTTP Post can be almost impossible, especially if you do not have access to a development version of the external system. This often means that developers have to submit solutions that are not fully tested.
In Maximo 6.2, IBM provided an unsupported tool called the INTTOOL. This was a Java application that allowed testing of these integrations by simulating the external system. However, starting in Maximo 7, this tool was removed and no new solution was provided.
The MIF Development Tool is a web based replacement for that missing testing tool but for Maximo 7 and 7.5 installations.
This tools supports the following types of interfaces:
- HTTP Outbound (yes, Maximo can post to this tool and you can then see what was sent)
- Inbound Web Service
- Inbound Flat File/XML File
- Outbound Flat File/XML File
- Inbound Interface tables
- Outbound Interface Tables
- Inbound JMS Queues
- Outbound JMS Queues
The tool also includes a full version of the Maximo View Log. This means that you can test and view the log files all in one location.
The MIF Development Tool is web based, meaning there is nothing to install on a client computer and that one installation can be shared by multiple users.
The MIF Development Tool also makes your testing easier: it remembers the last test you ran, allows you to quickly re-run it next time.
Download the MIF Development Tool Here:
Supported Maximo Versions:
- Maximo 6.2 (limited support)
- Maximo 7.1
- Maximo 7.5
The MIF Development Tool uses a simple but effective security system. Users can be required to know a password (set by you) before they can access the tool. This can be removed for installations where security is not an issues (e.g. a personal VM Image of Maximo). Also, tools that access the file system (View log, Flat File/XML file) have additional security features that allow you to restrict what directories and/or files they can access using the tool. No more will developers and testers have to access to your file system on the server.
The MIF Development Tool uses a CSS file to determine the look and colors of the screens. By modifying this CSS file, you can make the tool look just how you want it to look.
The MIF Development Tool is a collection of JSP pages. These pages are copied into the Maximo directory structure. They are then deployed with the Maximo Ear file. Accessing the tool is then as simple as opening a web page in your browser. Although the tool is deployed with the Maximo Ear, it is not actually part of Maximo and has no affect on your Maximo application.
- Update to View Log
- Date Range search
- Bug fix for XML data in message field
- JMS Queue management
- Web Service testing
- Ability to search for text in the Maximo Log tool
- Included IBM integration guides for Maximo 6 and 7
- Added Basic Authentication support for HTTP Inbound testing
- Minor bug fixes
- Updated look and feel
0.1 Beta – Initial release version.
- View Log
- HTTP inbound testing
- HTTP outbound testing
- Flat File testing
- Interface Table testing.
- Poor multi-user support. Although the tool will function just fine with multiple users, The “save” feature only saves the last test run by anyone.
- JMS Queues Inbound. The adding a message to a JMS Queue is added in the wrong format
- Lack of Restful API Support
- Lack of ability to save and retrieve multi test cases (currently only last case run is saved).